Photosynth’s 2014 Tech Preview updated again on Tuesday 2014 June 10th.
You can read the details in their official web log entry.
When I decided to look at the embed code offered by the Tech Preview site to see if there were any differences to what was offered before, I stumbled across a new option labeled show Photosynth teaser which adds a showpromo=true flag to the HTML code that you are given to copy and paste into your own site, as I’ve used above.
I was curious as to what function it served.
The first time that the synth loads and plays forward, you’ll be momentarily shown a sea-green rectangle with the text see more on Photosynth along the right hand side of Photosynth’s viewer.
In the case of the synth above, this occurs when you are first approaching the tent.
In HD View
Exterior Panorama 2
In HD View
Photosynth takes a large collection of photos of a place or object, analyzes them for similarities, and displays them in a reconstructed 3-Dimensional space. With Photosynth you can:
- walk or fly through a scene to see photos from any angle;
- seamlessly zoom in or out of a photograph even if it’s gigapixels in size;
- see where pictures were taken in relation to one another;
- find similar photos to the one you’re currently viewing;
- explore a custom tour or see where you’ve been; or
- send a collection to a friend.
For futher information and to view a demonstration video visit the Photosynth web site.